Monday, February 9, 2009

Perfection

So I was mostly thinking of babies and how much we value the life of a baby... Maybe it's all the potential we see in such an innocent little child. We can imagine all the great and wonderful things they can someday accomplish. The joys of life and the adventures ahead of them. We see them going ahead learning, laughing and growing into wonderful people. Talk about priceless, wow!

So when I began this blog about babies I wasn't real sure where it was going to go but as I sit here thinking it kind of scares me because I am sure that my own parents probably looked at me in a similar way, seeing all the potential good I could do. It's hard to think of the ways that we don't measure up to expectations. Obviously we all make mistakes and our parents also know we aren't going to be perfectly innocent forever, and that we won't make every decision right.

It is important to work on our imperfections and become better people, making our weaknesses strengths is all a part of our learning process. So at what point do we have to stop and say, "I can't be perfectly perfect" without settling for less than we can be?

1 comment:

  1. :( I don't like thinking about how much I must disappoint those poor parents of mine

    ReplyDelete